Thank you very much to Anne Kristin from Alternative Eating, for passing the Versatile Blogger Award on to me.
This is not necessarily a high honor to most people, but I have been so incredibly touched by each person who has been kind enough to take the time to read my blog, to comment, or let me know that they have enjoyed reading it in one way or another, and I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know how much I appreciate all of your support, and to recognize some of the other bloggers who inspire me. 🙂 I am also honored that Anne Kristin thought of me!
Technically, when you are nominated, you are supposed to thank the person who nominated you, provide seven random facts about yourself, then pass the award on to 15 more bloggers. While I think this is a nice idea and I really appreciate it, I am not sure if all bloggers want to take part. So I will tell you seven random facts about me, and then I will mention a few of my very favorite blogs. And those bloggers are very welcome to pass the award along or not, but I thought that either way, you may like to see some of the blogs which I love reading and which inspire me on a daily basis.
So…first, seven random facts about me:
1) Since Anne Kristin is Norwegian, it made me think of this first fact. I can speak Norwegian (or at least used to be able to speak Norwegian) semi-fluently – men selvfoegelig med mange feiler (translation: but of course, with many errors). This probably also contains errors. 😉 I really wish I hadn’t forgotten so much, but I guess that is what happens when you don’t practice a language.
2) Avocados are one of my very favorite foods, and I buy them for myself as a treat.
3) In the 2000 census, the town I grew up in had 906 households, and 2129 residents. It’s very small.
4) Although I have lived in England for about four and a half years and really like many things about it, I still get very homesick and miss my family and friends very much.
5) One of my very favorite tv shows is Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. There are re-runs on tv in the UK once in a while, and I love watching them – it is a bit of a guilty pleasure. If you haven’t seen it, the idea is that a crew of builders and designers surprise a very deserving family who needs (and has requested) help, and totally rebuild their extremely unsuitable/unsafe home for them so that they are safe and comfortable. I would love to make a living from doing something that helps people in such a direct way, and I love that a tv show based on this premise has been so successful. My other guilty pleasure tv show is Deal or No Deal which is not noble in any way. It is just a game show where people basically have to decide whether or not to gamble and go for more money or accept an offer they are given. I like seeing what people do.
6) I am going to try making a new soy-free, legume free vegan cottage/shepherd’s pie for dinner tonight. I have my fingers crossed that it will work (and be delicious).
7) On Saturday, I wanted to test whether I really am as lactose intolerant as I have thought, so I tried less than a quarter teaspoon of yogurt (the smallest amount I could put on a spoon), and I had a stomach ache for two days. I guess I really do have to be careful.
That’s about as random as it gets. 🙂
And now to mention some of my very favorite blogs, which I read daily and love, in no particular order:
Mariann Mat – This blog is written by one of my closest friends, and it has been very fun looking at what she is making and hearing a little bit about what is going on in her life through her blog since we don’t get to see each other very often. Although you may not be able to read all of it (it is written in Norwegian – which is great for me to practice), the photos are beautiful and the recipes are outstanding. I can personally guarantee this since I have tasted her cooking myself. In fact, Mariann just won a Norwegian recipe contest! If you ever want any of Mariann’s recipes translated, she will be happy to help, and her English is perfect – probably better than mine! 🙂
Oh She Glows – I probably make at least one recipe per week from Oh She Glows, and I have never tasted one that I didn’t love. In addition, the photos are incredible, and Angela is a beautiful writer who always brightens my days and has been a huge inspiration to me in terms of what I eat, and also how I think.
Daily Garnish – Daily Garnish is written by another Emily, and as a trained chef, she writes about healthy vegetarian and vegan foods, as well as her adventures in running and her newest adventure as a mom. I also make probably at least one recipe per week from Daily Garnish.
Peas and Thank You – Amazing vegan recipes combined with hilarious parenting stories. Food and laughter – what’s not to love?!
Some other favorites I have discovered more recently:
I hope you enjoy the random facts, and I hope you enjoy having a look at some of my favorite blogs! Thank you again for reading – there will be another, more ‘normal’ post later. 🙂